Though we wish it weren't so, not all roofing companies and contractors are as honest as they should be. Sadly, the people who often fall into the trap of being taken advantage of are the very customers who need the most urgent roof repairs. At Roof Advance, our team is proud to serve the Michigan community. As a local roofing company in Ann Arbor, we've seen a lot of roofing problems over the years with much of the most notable damage stemming from our hearty Michigan winters. With over 20 years of experience, we pride ourselves in offering quality roofing materials at a competitive and honest price. If you're in the market for a new roof or are in need of a roof repair, consider the following questions. It's important to make sure that you, as the consumer, are being treated fairly. Don't be afraid to speak up; these questions could save you money and time!
1) What sets you apart from another local roofing company?This should be one of the first questions you ask a roofing contractor/roofing company. As a consumer, you'll want to know what sets them apart. How are they different from other roofing companies? What's their track record? Do they have good reviews? If they had a few bad reviews, have they responded and taken action to help improve the customer's experience? What sort of incentives or programs do they offer? Do they offer a price-match program? What about a warranty? Are they insured? Licensed? Don't be afraid to ask to see proof of their license and insurance! At the end of the day, your roof one of your home's top investments so don't be afraid to do a little digging to make sure you're working with a trustworthy contractor.
2) How long have you been in business?As the old adage goes, experience is the best teacher. That's not to say there aren't quality businesses with only a few years of experience, but it doesn't hurt to ask how long a roofing company has been in business. For one, this gives you an idea of how the community has received them. If the local roofing company has been in one location for years, it's likely a good sign that they are respected and trusted in the community. However, if it looks like they've frequently moved from city to city, it might be a sign that they don't have the greatest track record. If the local roofing company you're working with has a good work history, they won't be afraid to tell you about their years of experience. As we mentioned before, Roof Advance has been a local Ann Arbor roofing company for over 20 years.
3) What type of materials will you use?Not many people have a terribly deep knowledge of roofing materials. Your local roofing company should always be knowledgeable and have a true understanding of the materials being used on your roof. Be sure to ask your roofing contractor what materials they'll be using on your roof. Do a little research and see how those materials/brands measure up to other competing brands. Don't be afraid to question the materials being used. Roof Advance believes in only using high quality roofing products that will last a long time. Whether it’s Atlas Roofing, GAF roofing materials, CertainTeed or even just replacing your gutters, we will provide you with a high quality product that will last for years to come. Roof Advance can provide you with all the information needed to know about your roofing products, systems, installation and warranty.
4) What happens if there's an issue once my roof/repair is finished?This is perhaps one of the most important questions you can ask your roofing company. Unexpected issues happen. Whether it's a storm or some other unforeseen problem, you want to make sure your roof is in good hands even after the work has been completed. Some roofing contractors/roofing companies offer longer warranties than other. At Roof Advance, we offer our Side by Side + Price Match Guarantee program. With this program we offer a 15 year warranty plus a free roof inspection 5 years after installation. We want to make sure your roof is in tip-top shape, even after we've finished the job.
5) What do your financing options look like?Let's face it, home improvement and home repairs can be expensive. Your roof is one of the most expensive investments you'll make in your home, and rightly so! Without a quality roof protecting your home you could quite literally be letting your hard-earned money go right out the window. As your premiere local roofing company, we don't want cost to deter you and your family from living in a quality home. Whether you require roofing services for your home or commercial space—or insulation, and/or any of our services—we can help you get what you need at a price you can afford, with the level of service you deserve. Your local roofing company should be able to answer your questions about different financing options. If a roofing company ever requests 100% payment up front before they've worked on your roof, you're likely getting scammed (though this isn't always the case). Be sure to ask questions!
6) What's my roof timeline?As much as we love to roof, we understand that roofing day isn't always as fun for the homeowners as it is for us. Roofing is loud! Not to mention, you'll have a number of people on your lawn. This is one of the reasons why it's so important to make sure you hire a reputable roofing company that holds a high level of professionalism. Before you sign with a local roofing company, you should ask what their estimated repair timeline is. How long will they be working on your roof? Will it require multiple days of repair work? You'll want to make sure you know exactly what you're getting into when it comes to repairing your roof. At Roof Advance, most of our roofing jobs start and finish in just one day. Again, don't be afraid to ask your roofing contractor how long they'll need to work on your roof. Though not an exhaustive list, these six questions are certainly a good start when considering roof repairs to your home. Your home wouldn’t be complete without a trusted, quality roof. As a local roofing company in Ann Arbor, we care about our community. Roof Advance has been family owned and operated for over 20 years. During that time, we’ve worked hard to make sure each and every roofing job is done with accuracy and quality. We believe in offering dependable services to our community and strive to offer the best roofing work possible. Schedule your free estimate today and get your home ready for summer fun! For more tips and community updates, follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
Subscribe to Roof Advance's Blog